Lebanese Beef Shawarma: with video!
Recipe by Fatmeh at LebaneseByHeart.com
This simple but highly effective recipe for delicious Lebanese style beef shawarma was passed onto us by Fatmeh – and has been made several times in the Mr Shawarma household.
It’s just a shame computers haven’t become advanced enough for smellivison, because boy does this beef shawarma recipe smell wonderful!
Lebanese Beef Shawarma Ingredients
- 2 Lbs of Beef (sirloin) chopped thin
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 to 3 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp of shawarma spices or 2 tbsp of all spice and add about 1/3 tsp of nutmeg and cardamon
- 1 cup of beef or lamb fat or (1 tbsp of vegetable oil ) for frying the meat
- 1/2 cup of chopped parsley
- 2 medium size tomato sliced
- chopped lettuce (optional)
- 6 pieces of pita bread cut in half
Lebanese Beef Shawarma Instructions
- In a bowl mix the meat with garlic ,lemon juice, oil, and spices . Let it sit for at least 8 hours prefer overnight .
- Fry the fat until you get about one tbsp of the liquid that comes out of it , remove the pieces of fat then add the meat to it, fry until cooked very well and no more liquid coming out of the meat .
- Moved the cooked meat to a clean plate served with the onion, tomato, lettuce in the pita bread .
Like this recipe? Try HERE for hundreds more!